Re: [microsound] sound art exhibition in Paris

I live in Paris so I got the chance to see this exposition, which seemed to
me really complete : it begins with the work of different painters on
experimenting how to represent sound with paintings (I remember some really
great Kandinsky's works - as I generally do not appreciate very much what he
does), after the same problem is treated, but with videos (I particularly
loved one with colored shapes moving very slowly - just like some
constellation photos - and one with black & white's geometrical figures
quickly metamorphosing into other figures). After that, I think  there was
some rooms dedicated to the early research on audio synthesis. Then a room
quite hypnotising, with, placed in the center, a light turning on itself,
screening violent light forms on the walls, turning very fast (some kind of
cop cars or ambulance's light, you say "gyrophare" in french), and whith
some kind of bass and gapped white noise : quite fascinating, but after that
was a room more and more fascinating ; a room by La Monte Young, called "the
dream house", all lighten in red and blue, so the room seemed purple, but
looking from some angles you could see objects and people encircled by red
or blue lines - really strange. The floor was "encarpeted", in order that
people could lye or sleep here - what I did during a long hour ; and, very
relaxing, two loud speakers were diffusing evolving white noise (nothing
recorded, the sound was generated in real time)... I won't speak longer  &
longer about this exposition, but, there was also : some videos about John
Cage's work, a room dedicated to the italian futurists (particularly Luigi
Russolo and his manifest "the Art of Noises" - also reproductions of his
"intonarumori" : his noise machines), a large room for the Fluxus movement,
and videos of their performances, and, finally (but I didn't described the
half) a surprising installation, in the middle of a room, a colored smoke
diffuser, with Erik Satie's music...

t. p.