Re: [microsound] Lemur!

> > Amazing and awe inspiring, as are many human feats, and worthy of
> > respect. But virtuosity is a means to an end, enjoyable in itself, but
> > not to be mistaken for art.
> >

>   Indeed, I know several people who are wonderful players of instruments,
the
> violin for example, who cannot play a note without a score in front of
them.
> And cannot write anything at all......how are they artists? Sometimes we
> confuse art with craft ! ?

"Architects, painters, sculptors, we must all return to crafts! For there is
no such thing as "professional art". There is no essential difference
between the artist and the craftsman. The artist is an exalted craftsman. By
the grace of Heaven and in rare moments of inspiration which transcend the
will, art may unconsciously blossom from the labour of his hand, but a base
in handicrafts is essential to every artist. It is there that the original
source of creativity lies." W. Gropius....