Re: [microsound] Webcam as a MIDI controller + Pixel tracking, etc

2 additions:

Adam Young wrote:
I really want to use a webcam and convert video info to midi... I've
received many suggestions. The problem is, the only item I could find that
would run on OSX was the max/msp solution...

pd and gem runs on OSX too, are free and I got tracking working with it

I'm looking for something that
can stand on it's own two feet without something clunky like max, and it
will be triggering events in another audio program, as if it were a standard
midi controller.

clunky or not, tracking is not trivial. With Max you got the option to use Rewire to connect with Reason on the same machine, but have no experience with it because I dont own Reason...

Cheers,

Malte

-- Malte Steiner media art + development -www.block4.com-

Next events:
11. february Elektronengehirn Concert at Dorkbot Ghent, Belgium
more at blog 4, also available as rss feed:
http://java.block4.com/blog4/