[microsound] s. arden hill/duul_drv in Brandon, Manitoba - Tonight

For anyone interested or in the neighbourhood I will be attending the Brandon New Music Festival Tonight Monday February 7th, 2005 for a premiere of a piece I worked on.

I collaborated with percussionist Ben Reimer who is performing several pieces from Steve Reich & John Cage. Together we created a rendition of John Cage's Composed Improvisations for One-sided Drums with and without Jangles. It is rather difficult to describe the process of how we obtained our results, so I won't try to get into it. All I will say is there was a lot of rolling of dice and drawing out results from a hat.

I used audiomulch and about 40 filters. It sounds fabulous.

If you can make it, it is at 8 o'clock in the recital hall in the school of Music
at the University of Brandon in Brandon, Manitoba.

Hope to see you there
s. Arden Hill

Graphic Communications
Maples Collegiate - 1330 Jefferson Ave | Winnipeg, MB - R2P 1L3
204-631-5849 ext. 2155 | arden.hill@xxxxxxxxx

s. arden hill  |  duul_drv
http://members.shaw.ca/duul_drv/ | duul_drv@xxxxxxx