Re: [microsound] /dev/audio:/dev/dsp

kim;you can also cat tcpdump to a text file (use the ">" symbol with
cat instead of "|") and then use soundhack/amadeus/etc to hack a
header on it.

ie:

cat tcpdump > dumpfile1

you'll then have to interrupt this process with cmd-period when you
feel you've collected enough data.

maybe some *real* unix geek can correct me or improve on some of this?

best
jake

when discussion of this type of thing came up recently on databenders
(i think), someone suggested using SOX, which can receive data via
pipe and encode it into audio immediately.

sox compiles on osx, but you may also snag it with fink, i believe.

-jake