Re: [microsound] Fibonacci in music

At 1:33 PM -0600 3/18/05, Mika Martini wrote:

>Please, if somebody have information, info,
>examples or music proyect produced around of the
>Fibonacci number, teory or similar, I appreciate
>very much.

Lots of Finbonacci examples in Bartok's music. See:

Ernö Lendvai. Béla Bartók: An Analysis of his
Music, Kahn & Averill, London, 1971.

Also many instances in Stockhausen's music.

I used Fibonocci numbers for temporal proportions
and other purposes in my percussion piece 3 for 5
(1979).

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com