Re: [microsound] examples re.[microsound] Laptop, etc as Performance device

I've seen Nobukazu Takamura play twice, the first time
without any clue who he was.  I was totally stunned.
The second time, I was revved to engage it.  He used
multiple imacs to generate audio and video, and it was
incredible, even when the room was filled with deep
water sounds for 20 mins straight.  This was before I
was even aware of "microsound," or "glitch."

~Kyle

--- trommer@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> i'm just curious: for those who've seen the
> raster-noton guys live, for example...what did you
> think ?

Read my thoughts.

http://perhapsidid.blogspot.com

"The bigger things get the smaller and duller or flatter the globe gets.  It is getting to be all one blasted little provincial suburb. When they have introduced American sanitation, morale-pep, feminism, and mass production throughout the Near East, Middle East, Far East, USSR, the Pampas, el Gran Chaco, the Danubian Basin, Equatorial Africa, Hither Further and Inner Mumbo-land, Gondhwanaland, Lhasa, and the villages of darkest Berkshire, how happy we shall be."

~J.R.R. Tolkien