To: "microsound" <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: [microsound] examples re.[microsound] Laptop, etc as Performance device

i'll have to disagree on this one...

the Plaid/Takemura show i attended in SF a few years back. 2nd time i had seen plaid, they perform exactly the same way. no expressions. barely any movement. Takemura was even worse because he was sitting down behind a table - at least Plaid stood.

this is with a room full of people who were there to jam on Plaid and got thrown headlong into a Takemura blitzkrieg! sonically it was a wonderful show. but i could have gotten more out of watching monkeys dance in my living room and listening to it on my stereo.