Re: [microsound] podcasting/audioblogs/net.radio/p2p

Two comments on podcasting:

1. I just created one for the One-Minute Vacation page on my site.

A new 60 sec unedited field recordings from submitters like you every
Monday. Participation is encouraged.

Project home:
 http://www.quietamerican.org/vacation.html

New (beta) podcast:
 http://www.quietamerican.org/vacation.xml

2. Re Brad's question...

> Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:04:49 -0800 (PST)
> From: { brad brace } <bbrace@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Is it possible to podcast mp3-streams?
> Can this be done with rss-2 by somehow attaching the
> streamed-audio-url? (http://63.170.215.11:8000 )

Seems unlikely? If it's a non-terminating stream, how would the aggregator
know when to stop capturing...?

The RSS <enclosure> tag that AFAIK "drives" podcasting has a length
argument in it; the RSS2 specs I could find say that length is mandatory,
but who knows if it's cross-referenced or used for sanity checking by
aggregators though... eg Firefox's "Sage" extension for RSS feeds ignores
the tag entirely, which means you don't get the MP3s!

 best,
  aaron

  ghede@xxxxxxxx
  http://www.quietamerican.org