Re: [microsound] Laptop, etc as Performance device

I use my laptop to perform noise, there was something  that always  troubled
me,  why would someone want to come out and see a computer nerd  standing
behind a laptop producing beeps and buzzes of unknown patterns.   Should there
truly be a performance to make it art.  should dancing bears  or trick dogs
jumping through hoops of flame company my  performance.........no.   Noise
performance is about the energy  produced from the sound, it's what is felt not what
is there for eye  candy.  pounding keys may not be the greatest act to see,
but what's  felt is to be known.  I don't restrict myself to just a laptop, I
have a  trunk full of bent circuit goodies to play with as well. I have
keyboards with  no keys but touch sensitive sensors for randomness instead.  A
performance  is about what is felt not what is seen.

Geary