[microsound] [playlist] framework - 11.03.05

framework broadcasts live every friday (except the first one of each month) on resonance104.4fm  in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com between 8:30 and 9:30pm gmt, and is repeated the following wednesday between 11:00am and 12:00 noon gmt

next live broadcast: 18.03.05
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

we exorcised some ghosts during this edition of framework - over the years our own personal biases have more often than not let us away from voices in our broadcasts (except for my own dulcet tones, of course).  the structure of this broadcast, however, was inspired by an antipodean compilation entitled spoken and field, compiled by tim coster and out on a cdr label called claudia.  it's 34 short tracks all feature the human voice in some capacity, from overheard conversations to poetry, interviews and family recordings.  this opened a window through which both chris watson and felicity ford, two other recently vocal submitters, also jumped.

all of these voices (the voices! the voices!) were not alone however - they were tempered by many other soothing sounds: the beautifully organic ambience of spiracle, some old favorite beequeen, and a few chloe invaders in the form of two jasons (kahn and lescalleet) and the united states of belt.

our next edition (this friday, the 18th of march) is march's framework:focus program, featuring a visit from stasisfield curator john kannenberg.  john is bringing many sounds from an online exhibition featuring familiar framework names (steve roden, sawako, john hudak...) entitled audible still life, and will also treat us to our first live studio set of 2005.  hope you can listen!

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  send material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.   we are also hoping to have live performances as often as possible, so if you are in or passing through london please get in touch!

framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework@xxxxxxxxxx

11.03.05

this edition will be rebroadcast this wednesday, 16.03.05, at 11:00am gmt

(artist  /  title  /  album  /  label)

ian cochran  /  framework intro
recorded on a floating dock at the market on granville island, false creek, vancouver
icochran@xxxxxxxx

beequeen  /  10 minutes before the worm  /  sugarbush  /  raum 312
an old favorite, this track featuring plenty of water and a harmonising airplane
http://www.beequeen.nl

alicia frankovich  /  wooden trampoline  /  spoken and field (compilation)  /  claudia
mostly unintelligible, we discern only an 'oh my god' and something about 'industrial'...
alifra@xxxxxxxxxxx, intergalactim@xxxxxxxxx

richard francis  /  tv remote control manual lost again  /  spoken and field (compilation)  /  claudia
a conversation between grandmother and grandson?  in any case, the electric knife will definitely not work...
r.francis@xxxxxxxxx, intergalactim@xxxxxxxxx

fiona connor  /  vanuatu 1  /  spoken and field (compilation)  /  claudia
maybe someone can translate these multiple voices and let us know?
brownpaperhead@xxxxxxxxxxx, intergalactim@xxxxxxxxx

chris watson  /  patagonia  /  two winds  /  -
chris sets the scene for us by describing the setting of this dry, rustling wind
http://www.chriswatson.net

spiracle  /  exude  /  sympathetic field  /  octpia
forest, fall, fog, insects, and wire recorded in oze (japan) and varanasi (india)
kojo@xxxxxxxxxx

chris watson  /  mt. sarakura, japan  /  two winds  /  -
no scene setting this time, but the locals are vocal
http://www.chriswatson.net

catherine garet  /  serkan and sara's ballad  /  spoken and field (compilation)  /  claudia
a perspective on home and the splashing that goes with it
kathyg@xxxxxxxxxxxx, intergalactim@xxxxxxxxx

beequeen  /  the house i live in  /  sugarbush  /  raum 312
another not-quite-melodic gem of elemental scrapes from this 1995 (10 years!) release
http://www.beequeen.nl

felicity ford  /  conversation with rajesh mehta  /  -  /  -
what are the implications of discussing the means of capturing your discussion?
http://www.littlesongbox.co.uk

felicity ford  /  girlsong  /  -  /  -
how did this little girl know what key to sing in the match the beequeen number she's being mixed with?
http://www.littlesongbox.co.uk

grace blindell  /  excerpt from recordings of gaza  /  spoken and field (compilation)  /  claudia
a cityscape of voices and discussion, a good learner
samukun@xxxxxxxxxxx, intergalactim@xxxxxxxxx

felicity ford  /  jamming in a field in ireland with diarmiud, his broken guitar, and a horse that tried to eat (a) my hat (b) my microphone  /  -  /  -
perhaps my own subtle bowing of the head to the upcoming st patrick's day and all it's glorious music
http://www.littlesongbox.co.uk

spiracle  /  frux  /  sympathetic fields  /  octpia
clear tones leading us from our reel derived from water and its devices
kojo@xxxxxxxxxx

united states of belt  /  ping pong holiday  /  welcome to pancake alley  /  chloe/champ
they say ping pong, blueberry pancakes, fireworks, wamagadoon, plus much more... and they mean it!
http://www.chloechloe.cc, http://www.champrecords.com

jason kahn / jason lescalleet  /  dronevil3  /  red room  /  chloe
field recording?  maybe - there are 'tapes' in the credits.  but who's counting anyway?
http://www.chloechloe.cc

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!

the framework 2003 cd has been reprinted and is now once again available directly from the resonancefm online shop, along with a selection of other benefit cds, t-shirts, and general paraphernalia.  drop in here to have a look:

http://www.resonancefm.com/shop.php

framework 2003
resonancefm benefit cd featuring highlights from the year's broadcasting

rob grant & melanie clifford  /  framework intro
thomas dimuzio  /  unearth & lift and spear  /  sonicism  /  rrrecords
chris watson  /  river mara at night   /  stepping into the dark  /  touch
johannes helden / - / sketchbook / trente oiseaux
toy bizarre  /  -  /  kdi dctb 116  /  absurd
murmer  /  liquid solid  /  definition  /  absurd
jgrzinich & seth nehil  /  the distant edge  /  confluence  /  intransitive
seth nehil & jgrzinich  /  the mirrored corner  /  stria  /  erewhon
annette lissauer  /  framework intro
toby paddock  /  air, surface and magnetic vibrations  /  -  /  -
steve roden  /  -  /  resonant cities  /  trente oiseaux
francisco lopez  /  untitled #101  /  untitled (2000)  /  ignis projekt
mnortham  /  ancient sewer pipe, valletta, malta  /  phonography.org 5  /  phonography.org
the quiet american  /  donkey trains leaving marpha, nepal  /  phonography.org 4  /  phonography.org
steve barsotti  /  trainyard presence  /  phonography.org 5  /  phonography.org
k. m. krebs  /  jericho sailing center (nautical gamelan)  /  phonography.org 4  /  phonography.org
david daniell  /  highway 371, forty miles south of farmington, january 19, 1998, 2:25 pm  /  sem  /  antiopic
joyce hinterding  /  -  /  spectral  /  antiopic/sigma editions
david daniell  /  dixon lake road, july 31, 1999, 5:45 am  /  sem  /  antiopic
tacet ncv  /  live on framework
jean-luc guionnet & bertrand denzler  /  live on framework
dallas simpson  /  framework intro