Re: [microsound] cello distorted on playback . eq help needed

> On Mar 8, 2005, at 10:13 AM, john hudak wrote:
> > i'm having a bit of trouble with the reproduction of the cello on my
> > regular stereo system, especially when playing it through the
> > combination of apple express wireless via (airtunes) itunes.
>
> So you have the stupid "sound enhancer" on in iTunes? Check your
prefs.

> - John

thanks john.  "sound enchancer" and "sound check" were both "on."  that
is the problem.  i wonder what percentage of listeners are using itunes
with both of these options on (crossfade playback as well).  if a
bankcard person i talked to recently is correct (i doubt it), and only
3% of computer users use macs, then i guess i don't need to worry about
trying to make a version playable through the "sound enhancer."  the
idea of some people listening with distortion though kind of bugs me...

best future,
john

jhudak at pobox.com
http://www.johnhudak.net