[microsound] call for submissions

Call for submissions (please forward):

SOUNDSCAPEpgh is a collaborative project of sound installation and
performance within the downtown Cultural District of Pittsburgh, PA
from June 3-19, 2005. This project will place soundworks within the
exterior spaces of this area with a goal of engaging an audience in new
ways, bringing the experience of the soundscape to a focal point in
this downtown business district.

We are designing a series of playback systems that will be installed
throughout this area and are seeking submissions of audio recordings
for this purpose.  Three primary categories can be considered to suit
our specific playback systems:
1) two-channel recordings meant for intimate, quiet experience.
2) two-channel recordings intended for louder volume.
3) 5-channel recordings designed for linear separation of speakers
along a passageway (DVD).

As well, we are very interested in proposals and ideas that do not fall
within these specific parameters and strongly encourage submissions
that might stretch these formats. We will be programming a performance
schedule to be integrated into this two-week period of exhibition and
encourage proposals for performance that investigate, address or
explore sound and its relation to the city.

Please email with inquiries and submissions:
PGHsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

SOUNDSCAPEpgh
PO Box 99341
Pittsburgh, PA 15233