Re: [microsound] > Upcoming...

ooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOO...you're busteeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDD!

On May 24, 2005, at 10:34 PM, André Gonçalves wrote:

-------------------- - - - -

Hi all,
-- -  -    -

upcoming: -

- Thursday 26 - >>>>>>>>>>> <

André Gonçalves + Richard Geret

Galeria Galou - 237 Kent Ave, btw Grand and North 1st, Williamsburg,
Brooklyn
21:00h  Suggested donation $5.00

--

André Gonçalves Resonant Objects (reduced setup) --

It started with this ideia, which still is a work in progress, for
creating
micro-environments, computer controlled hermetic spaces where it is my
intension to explore several physical phenomenons related with the
hearing,
where i'll try to explore them from the point of view of their
sonority but
also leaving space for an user or an observer to interact with the
process.
This particular project aims at bringing together sound and space
through a
physical phenomenon, where sound is used as a medium to excite space
to be
heard, sound generating more sound through space.
The sound we get to hear is strictly related to the object's spatial
characteristics, it's shape, dimensions and material but also it's
relation
with the site-specific architecture and again the spatial
characteristics of
the precise space that hosts all the objects.

--

Richard Geret --

Garet combines sound material from various sources, field recordings,
analog
and digital studio processing, and experimentation. He uses chance and
improvised procedures to determine his choices and to construct his
pieces.
He explores the communicational, physical acoustic, affective, and the
sensory aspects of sound, its constant intrusion on our senses, and how
sound affects our perception. Daily life offers him new possibilities
for
creation through his transforming found sounds into art. He utilizes
any
possible sound-producing, reproducing, and recording device for
capturing
source material while he explores its possibilities and its
limitations. In
addition, all his audio works are finished within a digital
computerized
setting.

- Sunday 29 - >>>>>>>>>>> <

Richard Geret Gil Sanson Gill Arno Ben Owen André Gonçalves + Katherine Liberovskaya - video

'Share' - 68 jay st, dumbo, brooklyn room 317, 3rdFloor (+1,)718 935 1631 pleeeeeze keep this number handy!! . F train to york st - walk down the hill 21:00h - Free

-- - - -

all the best
andre

http://www.ctrl.tk