RE: [microsound] how to record streaming audio?

Audacity should work...gpl'd...but you need to have your soundcard mixer
application set to record from the mix coming thru it...that is there should
be something like 'record source' on the mixer app with a list of options,
usually including ...microphone, line in, cd etc....and stereo mix or
something like that should be an option....goldwave is another
app(shareware) that's quite good, very very long demo time.....if you are
wanting to stream what you are doing over the net you could look at
peercast(shareware)unregistered version times out after 3 hours, at which
point you have to start it again...there are a number of gpl'd apps for
streaming as well...peercast is just very easy to setup.....