Re: [microsound] non-electronic (was: niblock)

Ditto.

There is a wonderfully rich amount of music - much of it from the last century that has nothing to do with electronica or glitch - which I grew up with and love (in fact just this morning I was grooving on some of the Hal Willner Mingus tribute).

Recently I've been reading the interviews in Duckworth's *Talking Music*. There are some great perspectives in there, I highly recommend it to anyone here who is less focussed on non-electronic microsound, or has never heard of wonderful composers like Christian Wolff and Meredith Monk.

Zorn's *Arcana* is also choc full of microsoundy goodness from the downtowners, I especially love Frisell's guitar lesson. :)

There is an entire world of microsound outside of the computer! And that makes me certain that music will outlive technology, regardless.