Re: [microsound] being 'political' in non-verbal music

The polis in and of itself requires its surrounds as
inherent to its boundary construction; culture is
inseparable from the gesture of exclusion necessary
for the polis. High volume sound as tactical
dispersion method of polis-itics might
drive
some to some mad nomadism -- or another city.

- tV

tobias, i appreciate the sounding out of the
greco-roots of these concepts. it reminds me what
attali said: that we live in the ritual,
representational and repetitive eras all at once--or
at least traces of the previous era persist. maybe
nomadism would be the result of the sonic terror but
more likely would be a violence of another kind to
reduce the sound to ash, of silencing anyone who
crossed the line...

--jeff gburek