Re: [microsound] being 'political' in non-verbal music

graham miller wrote:

bootlegs?

A major influence on me, or my ideas about sound, music, and communication, has been Cassette Boy's The Parker Tapes. These are all constructed of snippets of TV, radio, and pop-culture broadcasts.

There's one in particular which is fantastic, it's a parody of 9/11, has gems like Frank Sinatra songs sliced up and cobbled together to form the statements "I'm round the bend, I'm mental, and I'm flying the plane"... "Let's fly, let's fly into buildings, Let's turn into ashes"... "when I get you up there, I'll be holding my knife deep in the heart of you"... "and now my skin is melting away".

This isn't /music/ in the traditional sense but it's very powerful.