Re: [microsound] Rafael Toral (formerly oren ambarchi stuffs)

I'm talking from memory here since I'm on a different computer than my copy of Live so hopefully I don't say something that's just ever so slightly off such that it leads to more confusion than it helps but here goes.

First of all, I usually record myself to another external piece of hardware but I get ableton to output the input I'm giving it by setting one of the channels to whatever sound card it's plugged into and then telling it to turn on the audio monitor right in that same main panel (default is "auto" which seems synonymous with off).  Sounds simple but I understand where you're coming from.  Took me a while to find the setting too.

I've had mixed results with using Ableton itself to record but when it works, all it seems to take is arming the channel you want to record and hitting the record and play buttons up top.

Good luck.

-R.

jeff gburek <tsazmaniac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

richard, if you don't mind the question, how do you
get ableton to record the live input from microphone?
i've done every imaginable setting change. i must be
missing something really basic...please advise
thanks, jeff