Re: [microsound] re: antony and the johnson

My opinion? It's horribly traditional without any redeeming quality. Makes Britney Spears seem creative in comparison.

----- Original Message ----- From: <jean-louis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "microsound" <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 4:32 AM
Subject: Re: [microsound] re: antony and the johnson

Hi Im sitting on atrain to stockholm.
Reading my mail which is now possible on x 2000 trains
free at the moment but not for long.
Anthony and the jonssons played in sweden recently
the tickets were sold out everywhere,one of the most hyped
artists in a long time.
I haven'theard so much but this track is beautiful.
I will definetely listen to more.

best
Jean-Louis

From: stephan mathieu <sssst@xxxxxxxxxx> Date: 2005/06/03 fr PM 10:35:15 GMT To: microsound <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Ämne: [microsound] re: antony and the johnson

> I would just like to hear peoples opinions about this group.

he's a pretty outstanding singer/songwriter, i'd say. i got introduced to his music by william
basinski who plays clarinet on antonys selftitled debut album.
theres a wonderful piece called 'find the rhythm of your love' at

http://biennalebonn.bgp.de/sound/biennale_high_quality.zip
(4.7mb)

, the 'jingle' for last years bonn biennale.
 - stephan