AW: [microsound] cage im off

A needlessly foodstyle-structured approach to answering some of your
paragraphs...

Appetizer:

>>that here is to mutch talk over a very narrow field of music nameli
cages >>and xenaxis and stockhousens, i have never read you discuss any
other >>remarcable artist or genere or technique...
>>so based on your statement i would say that you are only interested in
the >>past, and not in the present...

the "here" you are referring to, is a mailinglist focussing on a - you
call it narrow - field of music, tentacle-ing out to various related
genres/topics... if you miss one, start a discussion on it!

Soup:

>>and aphex was just a mere example of a great composer, if you fail to
see >>his briliance i doubt you can ever understand cage or some one
other...

aphex is rather an example of pop-cultural overestimation, than that
great a "composer"... he surely had a great impact/influence on fields
of electronic music, but basically he's just an innovative techno
producer...

salad:

>>so even if i did not express my point very good i take it as most of
you >>understood what i tryed to achieve and admit that i was  right...

maybe people didn't respond because of dismissing statements as the
above as rather oversubjective (and/or) nonsensical... not everyone who
remains silent agrees, some care not to partake in the discussion...

main course:

>>where it is very easy for thinking ppl to discuss past (beat the old
>>horse) rather than greate new ideas(abart form seeing old gurus in new
>>angles) - this is the comfort of thinking.

a) the present is to a great extent the product of the past.
b) reflection on "the existing" lies at the root of development. We
cannot "create" new ideas out of nothing.

No dessert,
Tomoroh Hidari

°~°
Beyond Good, Evil, AND Nietzsche...