[microsound] Calls for Work and acknowledging receipt of submissions

Am I the only person wondering why people who ask for artists to submit work
often don't acknowledge receipt of the work? I'm talking about calls that
have originated on this list amongst others. If you ask for something for
free shouldn't you thank the sender?

It might be helpful if lists like this had a set of guidelines for those who
request work with a strong recommendation that submissions are acknowledged.
The artist sends in the fruits of years of hard work, often following strict
instructions, then pays for the media and postage which in my case recently
with multi-channel sound works can be substantial.  Call me old fashioned
but I think it's good manners to say "Thanks" and to let the artist know
that the submission has been received.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest if my work is not suitable for an
event, but I'd like to be able to ascertain whether it actually arrived.

Any thoughts?

Sincerely

Mopani