Re: [microsound] podcasting site?

  Nice, some positive in depth feedback about podcasting.

  I've had this exciting tickle in my brain all year about
  podcasting.  However' sometimes it feels like I'm just
  contributing to the endless digital dribble that is available.

  This hasn't stopped me however, and I try to place alot of
  intent and meaning into the shows I produce. .

  I hardly watch TV anymore, and only listen to a little radio.

  But the streaming of content seems so outdated, so limited, when
  I can access content created by individuals in a way that suits
  my time line.

  It feels very empowering to create my own media, living in a
  world where I am subjected to so much 'strong-arm media'. Media
  that I can not respond to, verify, or even relate to half the time.

  Sometimes I feel guilty for not watching TV, not being connected
  to the big brother of media reality.

  But secretly my mind feels so much calmer the more I immerse myself
  in environments of my own interest.

  Surprisingly I am more connected.  I heard about the recent bombs in
  London via a mailing list, as it was happening.  The information
  coming from a community I am involved in was clearer and quicker
  than the TV.

  I think the ability to establish and grow connections between people
  is the one of the most powerful solutions to the fear and isolation
  we feel sometimes.

  This is a resonate theme in much of the microsound I listen to.

  The deepening of texture, space, connection, culture.  Providing
  room for thought, feeling, expression, relationship.

  .simon

Mr.D wrote:
i've jumped into the podcasting pool as well: http://craque.net/ craque.xml is a place where i have started putting live shows and mixes, probably for now just archives of what i've done in the past.

this is a great use of RSS technology, really because of the background-style client side operation, and the seamlessness of putting it onto my ipod... i have to say i'm impressed, and have listened to the podcast links just posted here with much interest - there's some REALLY good stuff out there! and very diverse.

this trend i think upholds my belief that we are increasingly moving towards more complex communities that depend more and more on the contribution of the individual. they are stronger networks than social mobs and prefabricated cliques, linking people with like minds and fueling more and more creativity between human beings.

i feel like it's a decentralization of culture, where tendrils and fabrics evolve out of people contributing to each other's experience, instead of being fed experience by another group's forced ideology (i.e. The Music Business).