[microsound] middle east / maghreb

Evening all!

I'm preparing a series of radio programs here in Greece, focused on current trends in music composition / improvisation / electroacoustic work in the countries of the Middle East and the Maghreb.

Of particular interest to me are musicians working with the traditional modes (maqams) and instruments, but in a contemporary perspective, as well as electroacoustic artists who incorporate elements of either their musical or urban/environmental world in their work.

I know that this isn't the main field of interest for those on the list, but i thought that maybe there might be someone from the region out there, or else people who have some ideas on the subject that suplement the information i already have.

there was a thread a while back about muslimgauze, so that direction has been covered.

thanks for the input and if you feel that the post is not relevant to others, feel free to answer off list.

cc