[microsound] Re: OT? Modified Photos = ON TOPIC

There's a ban on links? Since when? I think Kim started up the other
announcement list because this one was getting spammed with unrelated
shows.

But, yeah man, I hear you. Instead of complaining, it might be more
productive to begin posting the material you feel is appropriate for
this list. I've begun another monthly dj gig in nyc with a group called
Eyewash. The party, in general, is more about vjs, digital video,
synethesia. I'm trying to generate a truckload of minimal techno tracks
that I can play out. That's been the most satisfying thing I've done to
date. While I like playing out live, my laptop is a little dodgy (but
my recent addition of an Echo Indigo might solve a lot of problems).
But my introduction and education with music has come mainly through
dj'ing, so making source material that I can improvise with is
intriguing for me. Usually I generate loops then import them into
AudioMulch for performance. I've tried to get into pd/max/msp but it
doesnt really resonate with me, if the software gets too mathematical I
lose interest and focus. Mulch is awesome simply because the interface
and the tools are so easy that they almost defy intellectual
discussion, it really puts the emphasis back on the artist imo.

And regarding guys like Sutekh, Twerk, etc. I love those guys, and
their work, but isnt the Force Inc sound a bit played? Getting your
tracks out on labels is just one facet to music. I'll post some tracks
this weekend.

Peter