Re: [microsound] WTF Re: [microsound] New Orleans?

I think it's an interesting question, and maybe the most important one we
can ask now - how are things working? How are they not working - can we do
better? I think most would agree that yes, we can. The question then is how,
and by what means. I'm reading an interesting essay by Robert Wolff that was
published in the 70s during the war in Vietnam called "In defense of
Anarchism." The flashy title aside, Wolff takes a good look at the
relationship between state authority and individual autonomy. He points out
that modern democracy and theories of democracy have come to push aside a
direct and pure democracy as impossible. That may be so, but the real world
examples of young democracies around the world, and institutions that
operate in a more "pure" democratic fashion, make our democracy look really
feeble. Nothing new, but I think these are important things to be
considering now especially when as you rightly point out it's becoming
tougher to disguise the fact that our current system just isn't working -
justice (however you choose to look at that word) isn't served for all but
the ruling elite...

I'm glad to see this sort of discussion here - it seems to me the most
appropriate place in a community of artists - what can art do? what can we
do? what can be done? what should be done?

best,
erik

--
www.hecanjog.com <http://www.hecanjog.com> /
www.cedarav.com<http://www.cedarav.com>/

he can jog split ep with jahbitat forthcoming on norsordo:
http://www.nosordo.com

Switches and Intricate Maximals comps out now on Audiobulb Records
http://www.audiobulb.com