Re: [microsound] robert henke

Works the other way too... his beat-based music is really lacking something. I saw him perform live recently and it was one of the most boring sets I've heard in a long time.

On Oct 10, 2005, at 4:37 PM, microsound-digest-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:14:16 -0400
To: microsound <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: info <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [microsound] robert henke

you might find colin potter's work to be of interest
where he works with beat related projects ( of less interest for me )
his drone or "ambient" work is very concise, and solid on the level=20
with thomas k, imho.

it is common the occurrence when a "techno" beat oriented programmer=20
makes "ambient" music, while some of robert h. work is intriguing, it=20
doesn't hit the mark in depth, in repeated listens, it sounds as if=20
something is missing.

adam young www.direwires.com | www.tractile.net | www.adyo.info