[microsound] Salvatore Sciarrino

Paulo Mouat <paulo.mouat@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb:
> I would strongly suggest:
> - Un'immagine d'Arpocrate (my favourite)
> - L'opera per flauto
> - Vanitas

My favorite Sciarrino work is his _Lohengrin_. That is absolutely
incredible. I've got it on an old Dischi Recordi release -- not sure
how easy it is to come by, but if you find it, buy it.

On the other hand I remember not being too into his piano music, FWIW
(though it's been a while).

> If you like that kind of thing, you'd probably like most of Luigi
> Nono's post-1980 works.

I'd second that rec. You might dig Helmut Lachenmann too. Check out
_Das Maedchen mit den Schwefelhoelzern_. (The Matchstick Girl)

- sekhar

--
C. Ramakrishnan        cramakrishnan@xxxxxxx