[microsound] R: [microsound] Open Sound Control

Ciao,

I used OSC to let EyesWeb talk to pd.

more generally you need the 2 softwares running on 2 connected PC (LAN or
WAN), or like in your case the same PC. you need to know their IP (in your
case use "localhost").
With OSC you can send messages, which can be whatever you want, it is up to
you giving those messages a meaning.
I used osc to control audio synthesis (pd) from a webcam (eyesweb): the
movements i make are mapped to sounds, eyesweb sends 2 messages, one for the
x and one for the y where x and y are the coords of the center of my hand.
then i can use x and y to control what i want, for example freq+amplitude,
or 2 parameters in a granulator, or whatever...

Another use might be pd+processing..

I usually use osc messages to send floats from a sw to another, so they can
share the value of a variable. is up to you choosing the variables and
giving them a meaningful role. I'm sure you can send numbers and strings

some application area:
http://www.cnmat.berkeley.edu/OpenSoundControl/application-areas.html

Ciao,
Davide.