[microsound] Re: making vinyl skip infinite(ly)

That's a little similar (but much more developed) to
what I used to do. I took to take a 45rpm record, and
used a file to create a 1/4" notch extending about an
inch from the center hole. With this method, the
needle would eventually push the 45 to a new position.
To remedy that, I taped several coins to the top of
the 45 to make it heavier.

John Brumit had what I thought was the best method -
he'd place a heavy metal object (like a large ratchet
socket or a weight from a metric system scale) behind
the "elbow" of the tone arm.

I once saw a video of Philip Jeck - it appeared that
he affixed small circular stickers (like the kind used
in yard sales) to the vinyl itself.