[microsound] News dec.2005

Hello!
I am very pleased to let you know that my new collaborative work 'Natureza
Morta' with James Eck Rippie has just been released on the label Cronica.

And Saturday, 17th, there will be a presentation with live-performances by
gigantiq, @c and myself along withother xmas releases by Sirr and
Grainofsound. So why not make a party? If you're in the neighbourhood (Rua
do Rosário, 141, Porto pt), please come and say hello.

As it's xmas, Sirr has a special xmas sale which will last until January
7th, and where you can find 2 lovely package for an extremely downsized
price. 3 cds at your choice for only 30 euros or alternatively 5 cds for 45
euros. Santa claus ultraspecial prices. More at http://www.sirr-ecords.com

And if you know and admire RLW, we'll have news for you very very soon.

Below, find more information regarding the cd from Crónica.

Greetings!
Paulo Raposo

http://www.sirr-ecords.com/pauloraposo
label: http://www.sirr-ecords.com
http://www.cronicaelectronica.org

Pawel Grabowski
The Beautiful Schizophonic
James Eck Rippie + Paulo Raposo

Product 6

Crónica 023~2005 CD

Pawel Grabowski
: But I'm Not

The Beautiful Schizophonic
: Love Songs to a Psychoacoustic Girl

James Eck Rippie & Paulo Raposo
: Natureza Morta

+
The Beautiful Schizophonic: A Feather in My Bathtub
(Physical evidence of a dreamscape) [data track/quicktime]

Cover art by C.E.B.Reas

Elegantly packed with Casey Reas superb artwork arrives the sixth
installment in the Crónica's Product series. This split opens with a
long haunting composition from Pawel Grabowski, it settles with some
ghostlike pieces with even a medieval feeling from The Beautiful
Schizophonic and reaches its closure with Natureza Morta, a stunning
piece teaming up Paulo Raposo and James Eck Rippie.

Pawel Grabowski was born in 1977 in Poland and lives in Ireland.
Composer, he runs the netlabel "Silence Is Not Empty".
"...to me my songs are like poems on the gravestones, broken and torn
by the slimy stones of memories.
A scoffery cold wind's hands wander over my body..."

Lost somewhere between post-romantic drones and gothic literature,
Jorge Mantas is the creative mind behind The Beautiful Schizophonic.
He started this project in August 2003, using essentially a laptop, a
minidisc and some esoteric software to process an array of carefully
chosen sounds, in order to achieve a sort of multileveled cinema for
the ears.
Headphone romanticism for the modern loners or a listening to the
world soundscape with poetic hearing?
After all, maybe this is not music, only a place.

Natureza Morta, by Paulo Raposo & James Eck Rippie is a piece for
turntables and electronica.

Paulo Raposo is a sound and media artist based in Lisbon, Portugal. Born
in 1967, after studies of philosophy and cinema in Lisbon, he has been
working in the medium of live electronic and computer sound, performing,
recording and exhibiting works in northern and southern europe and the
United States.His work explores the inter-relationships and
displacements between digital process and architectural spaces, using
computer and custom-built software to create abstract and delicate
soundscapes.

James Eck Rippie is a visual/sound artist originally from Nashville, TN
and currently resides in Houston, TX. He works primarily as a
turntablist with a focus on creating abstract sound from classical
music records while utilizing altered needles, turntable feedback,
effect pedals, damaged records, etc. While decomposing the original
sound source, Rippie's intentions are to understand the transcending
possibilities of sound as well as test the capabilities of the turntable
as an instrument. Rippie has appeared on the SIRR (Portugal),
Crónica (Portugal), and Elevator Bath records labels.

BUY CRÓNICA FROM CRÓNICA

So you want to buy Crónica's releases but you can't find them around?
Now you can order all the editions directly from the source, just hop
to our website, make your choice and send us your email order that you
can pay with PayPal. It's that simple, really!

+ EVENTS

As always, for more information on Crónica's releases and events, just
point to http://www.cronicaelectronica.org
Subscribe the XML feed at feed://www.cronicaelectronica.org/cronica.xml
and in it you will find all the news from releases, performances or
whatever else may be worth of notice.

DISCLAIMER @
always in the end!
remove you. please do reply from the account that received this mail,
otherwise we'll never know who to remove.

para ser excluido desta lista por favor envie um mail para
mailto:editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe

http://www.cronicaelectronica.org