Re: [microsound] striated and smooth (was: music is the ultimate incorruptible)

hello rinus!
>  "improvisation is
> interesting in and of itself. there shall be no
> result. but constant rervision."
>
> (revision? or rearvision? i like rearvision)
>
> could you please explain this,
> the part with 'no result', i mean.

reply: the first answer (as if there already were a
second or fifth in the series)
is: NO. I cannot explain it.
and B) --what happened to A?--
YES. it means there is only continual process
and dematerialization and 3)
artefice
artificiality
arte feces
artefact
is exactly the same, when working
against any and all icons

there is only result when something is seized
(temporarily) as a product. but even this must be torn
apart to be understood or misunderstood (digestive
metaphor) and why probably because we do like the next
sunrise rather than the old
but it is always the same sun (or is it?):
witness the need for the freshest, dopest, skankin
minimal techno--what was wrong with the old techno?
why did we ever tire of kraftwerk and i thought
everybody on this list knew that a copy of ableton
contains the past present and future of techno already
anyway. (why fight the mainstream, man, just yeild to
the flow of the automated quantization!!!)

> but i do something like spontaneous composition
> during my concert
> (i use tapes - four at a time - that i play at
> random,
>  i have to react to new sounds right away,
>  continuously,
> because i change a lot)

but remember i have seen and heard you perform. all
you need to say to me is that you work with tapes and
somehow i understand already. what you do is
indeterminate composition, in my way of reckoning.
some elements are stable but sequencing and
environment cause you to percieve and recieve and
transmit in different ways. i have an interest in how
medium functions. the myth is that digital never
decays. but the human need for decay surfaces again in
the planned obsolesence of technology terminology and
trend

> you also wrote:
> "whereas improvisors just
> dont care to explain anything to anyone,"

but this wasnt my own thesis, just an idea posed more
as a question for those who might like to answer to
it.

where are you these days rinus?

j.ff gbk

http://www.futurevessel.com/orphansound/