Re: [microsound] [ot] archos 402 camcorder

well, ok, grabbed one, it should be noted it needs a mic pre like the one at
sound professionals for $200. It's a cool box, but the mics that worked with
my MD need a pre, which I know  and external should be better anyway, but it
is less convenient. The Camcorder quality is bad, as expected, but in a
kinda good way, more grainy than pixilated.
For line level recording it seems fine, but for using it with mics, what are
you using for a pre?
best,
phil