Re: [microsound] american female exp. composers

·.·`·.· . david Geschrieben hat .·.·`·.·'·.. . .  .  .    .

> hello list,

> counting all the female artists in my catalogue and to my total surprise i
> could not find any american!

i do not know if this counts, but there is a russian born who has lived in
the .usa most of her life.  last i heard she is in the dc/baltimore area and
i know she has a cd or something which is either looking for a label or
hitting the streets soon.  i played a show with her a year or two ago; but
since lost her web site ?  her name is ekaterina dashkova, so google
hits another more famous lady by that name more easily.   she looks
like a tiny goth gal and her music was very dark; but it was definately
'experimental' and 'ambient' - although she did throw in a beat now
and then.

i have no cultural reason for her lack of popularity; but, i suspect her
shy, self-deprecating personality is partly responsible.

anyway, i certainly would be interested in hearing more from her
if she ever appears again - or, is listening.  [ i mentioned this list
to her, but she didn't seem too interested in talking shop ]  oh, i  also
know she is quite friendly with members of skinny puppy, which
i found quite interesting . . . . . . . .....

> david.

            1001