Re: [microsound] we make money not art: Raw hard disk sound

Kim, would you prefer a DEAD disc drive audio project? ;)

http://craque.net/sculpt/robonye1.jpg
http://craque.net/sculpt/robonye2.jpg
http://craque.net/sculpt/robonye3.jpg

I can't really do much in the way of explaining how that thing exists, but
several of the large pieces are connected to each other by the large magnets
found in hard drives. You can also see where I've used the old platters.

The long arm with the platters on the end comes completely off, and spins
all the way around. Many of the pieces you see move back and forth, clicking
scraping slotting scratching twistiery grasping sounds...

(I did the sculpture for the guy you see in pic #2)

On 3/3/06 7:55 AM, "Kim Cascone" <kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> scribed: