Re: [microsound] help for a beginner

I'd recommend starting with AudioMulch and/or a vst host like Ableton  or Cubase. Mulch will give you a good general understanding of modular  signal routing, sequencing, and sound synthesis (its also very  intuitive and quick to learn). Mulch's one drawback is that it doesnt  have the means to sequence VST instruments via a step-sequencer.  Ableton & Cubase are my picks for vst hosts that can.

  Read a lot, experiment with different software (or analog instruments for that matter), and practice.