Re: [microsound] free software in experimental music (pt. 2)

On 27/04/2006, at 22:12, Revolution #9 wrote:

hello list...

I should hold this "lecture" in Belgrade, Serbia - within the days
of "free culture", organised by local community of GNU/Linux people...
my initial idea was to hold simple open talk about recent
developments in experimental music (last 10 years, say), because in
Balkans you won't find lots of oportunities to do so...
but, having in mind the whole context, I had to mildly switch focus
to the use of free software in contemporary music and Julien Ottavi
first came in mind...
and I'm not just at home with this topic, so I'll keep it simply
and informative - after all, intention is to raise people's
attention to this music and that in the field of contemporary
music, free software also is making impact....

I like Dave Phillips' docs for the Agnula project (http:/
www.agnula.org), but they're more of a set of intros/manuals.

On the other hand, Hans Christoph Steiner from the p.d. project just gave a talk yesterday evening here at MediaLabMadrid about Share (http://share.dj/), which seems to be an interesting social/networked project developed by free software audio and media community. So you might find this interesting. And there must be a few more projects like this out there.

Best,

Kamen

so I look for a site that could possibly deal with some wider
implications and consequences of using free software in exp. music
practice, free distibution of experimental music etc etc...

but I'll try to put it together by myself...

I'd like to thank to everyone who will/did help me with possible
info...

darko

Es lebe die neue Maschinenkunst Tatlins

------------------------------------ Kamen Nedev c/Pelayo Nº38, 5º Izda. 28004 Madrid España