[microsound] Re: environmental sensors and aural landscape

Gio,

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned her to you yet, but Sabrina Raaf's work might be of interest to you, particularly a piece of hers entitled "Grower" - it's a robot that draws "grass" on the walls of the gallery that houses it based on a reading of the amount of CO2 in the air -- so the bigger the audience, the taller the grass:

http://www.raaf.org/

Hope this helps.

john kannenberg

[ http://www.johnkannenberg.com ]

[ http://www.stasisfield.com ]

> Hi bright people!
I'm writing my master university thesis,
collecting information and names of projects using devices to perceive
environmental qualities and presence, sensors to register temperature,
brightness, air chemical composition,
range sensors, and video motion tracking.
Using the sensors data to influence sound spazialization, sample triggering,
effects on sound,
basically inputting sensors_readings to effects_parameters_values.

 Can you suggest names of people working in ths field and "interesting"
 projects?
 Sorta sensor-based aural landscape redesign... uuuugh...

 sorry for my bad english and the not-so-precise explanation!
 Thanks for your time,
 keep on pushing