Re: [microsound] NY [maybe OT]

On Apr 14, 2006, at 12:11 PM, maikko@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> - venues, gigs, record shops and so on and so forth.

definitely check out Issue Project Room in brooklyn, a very cool
space in
a concrete silo on the gowanus canal, with a 16 channel spherical
speaker
system. Other Music in manhattan is my favorite record store and is
worth
checking out. Tonic in manhattan is another great venue to see a variety
of interesting music (though not so much in the microsound arena, Issue
would be more in that vein.) The Tank has some great stuff coming up -
i believe the Bent Festival is next week, a wild week of workshops and
performances featuring hacked and bent electronics. i'm not sure what is
going on with Share, a weekly open jam in manhattan, but i'm put the url
below. i'm sure more folks will chime in with other tidbits.
cheers
bruce

bruce tovsky
www.skeletonhome.com

"Reality is whatever refuses to go away when I stop believing in it.."
Philip K. Dick

Issue Project Room: http://www.issueprojectroom.org/
Other Music: http://www.othermusic.com/
Tonic: http://www.tonicnyc.com/