Re: [microsound] R:[microsound] some neat futuristic instruments

Marco Messina schrieb:
Having it it¹ s only a dream:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7400864944#ebayphotohosti
ng

this was also discussed at the AnalogueHeaven mailinglist, I compiled my contributions:

I dont understand why one should bid for it. The german branch of EMS, Ludwig Rehberg, lists a new one for 55.000 euro
http://www.emsrehberg.de/Pricelist/pricelist.html
but I don't know how long it takes to get one...

Rehberg was so convinced of the EMS Synthis that he was first a importer for Germany and later a collaborator with them. Remember those were the days where you can't get a synth everythere in the mall. When I remember right he was responsible for the Synthi E (the educational one for schools) the videosynthesizer and now the vstplugin but I might be wrong. He is also soundconsultant and worked with some people of the studiobiz. I took a course on electroacoustic music at the musicschool Lueneburg lead by H.W.Erdmann back in 1986 where I got first time hands on Minimoog and EMS AKS synths and met Rehberg too. In that time the Hochschule Fuer Musik und Theater Hamburg, which is nearby, had a Synthi 100 system but being rather conservative they didn't used it that much so now it is in Lueneburg too.
Some years ago where I had some cash I emailed Rehberg about the possibility to purchase a Synthi A and he answerd rather quick that they indeed are available. The website has never changed, like the EMS UK one, but I guess its still valid. As a service you can borrow equipment from EMS too, although not the 100 I guess :)

This picture shows the 100 that is now in small town Lueneburg

http://www.emsrehberg.de/SYNTHI__s/L_neburg1_web.jpg

Here is the history of another famous of the first importers of synths in germany (but only in german), Synthesizer Studio Bonn Matten + Wiechers, who are credited on nearly every Kraftwerk CD and responsible for the Synthanorma sequencer and Banana synth, an Oberheim clone.

http://www.elektropolis.de/index.htm

BTW: this is Ludwig
http://www.elektropolis.de/images/rehberg.jpg

Stockhausen used the 100 in cologne on some pieces but it is reported he was pretty unimpressed by the filters.

Cheers,

Malte
--
Malte Steiner
media art + development

Elektronengehirn concert 29. April 2006
KuBaSta Hamburg, Germany

more at blog 4, also available as rss feed:
http://java.block4.com/blog4/