Re: [microsound] video editing software

I do live video, I've been doing music for years but I just started doing
video last November. I got a booking to play a Detroit Electronic Music
Festival show with Neil Landstrumm and Adam Beyer though!

Anyway, the last three aren't necessarily for beginners, but I recommend:

editing:
VirtualDub (free and open source, super easy, truly the cool edit of video!)
Adobe Premiere, if you need to work with quicktime

For algorithmic/generative stuff, and for my live shows, I use:
Pure Data/GEM (free and open source but on Windows, video crashes, I use
3d and manipulate JPEG's mostly)
vvvv (another free modular program, I use it instead of Pure Data when I
need video)

~David

Music, software, and more at http://www.cyborgk.com/