[microsound] time

Hi,

Question about time as it relates to gear (MTC, Beat Clock, din sync and clock @
different ppq...etc.). I realize I don;t know much about this.  Is there a good
online source to study the concept as it relates to gear development?  And, time
is so essential to nature and there are those who feel a natural (periodicy?)
uh...periodical source is better than a digital one....or at least different in
some way they hear. Of course we al can hear a quantized "correction." And
musicans love "free time" and they love "tight" time (right?).  So I was
thinking...would you deifine free time as

a. random fluculations in periodic time....vs less of same?
b. absolute fluculations in periodic time....vs rate/speed of same?

I mean for the purposes of music. Is free time random time to you? Metaphysical
thoughts? Or - do you think there is only one time?

In a yin yang way - absolute time is freeing. Are wave periods  (albeit over time)
are more accuate from period to period than absolute value bits, becuase bits
don't dance and have two left feet - schedulers or priorities - is that it?
Random time is freeing...but is that the same as free time? I know its just
words....thanks for your thoughts! - tim
ps and great randomizer apps/patches you like that play with time?