Re: [microsound] ot: lossless compression for 32bit wave files

Hi eretsua,

The MPEG-4 lossless codec claims to handle 32-bit (including floating point, which I guess is what you're after?). I've not tried it.

http://www.nue.tu-berlin.de/forschung/projekte/lossless/mp4als.html

There's a download for the reference implementation near the bottom of the page.

hth,
Owen

eretsua wrote:
Hi,

is there a program that can losslessly compress 32bit wave files? FLAC only supports 16bit waves files and Shorten (SHN) doesn't do it either. :(
i've looked for it but couldn't find anything. :(

thanks,
eretsua.

ps. i'm a windows user,