To: <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 2:04 PM
Subject: [microsound] Good resources for Processed Field Recordings

Hello!

After years of disappointment trying to make music/sound from physical musical instruments (guitars mostly) and midi instruments, I've recently discovered some joy and success in processing field recordings (mine and others) using tools like Audacity and any Nyquist/VST plug-in I can get my hands on. The only thing I really know about this field is Francisco Lopez apparently does something similar. Is this a standard "digital" technique and are there any good resources in terms of tools/strategies or sites with similar materials? Is anyone else here doing something similar? My approach is to take several minutes (usually) of material, process it and layer with other recordings.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Be the first to hear what's new at MSN - sign up to our free newsletters! http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters