[microsound] Re:[microsound] a new microsound t-shirt?

I guess it'd have to be Murdoch, wouldn't it? ;)

Thanks for the great discussions of the last few days, I only just had the
time to catch up on all of them.

> 'committee on unamerican activites' anyone?

Early in 2005 there was a big scandal in Switzerland provoked by the
exhibtion of swiss artist Thomas Hirschhorn in the Centre Culturel Suisse in
Paris. His caricature of a politician urinating against a banner of the
right-wing law minister ultimately led to the parliament shortening Pro
Helvetia's (the main swiss institution granting funds for projects and
intercultural exchanges) budget for 2006 by a million swiss francs. Needless
to say, the art scene went crazy. Cultural institutions were thought as
being scacrosanct until then. This didn't stop the majority of politicians
from thinking that collective punishment of the swiss art scene was an
appropriate reaction to one single artist's provocative statement against a
clearly much more provoking minister.

So there you have an example of what can happen in a country that is so damn
proud of its democratic values, neutrality and freedom of expression...

Tobias