Re: [microsound] NO MORE BLABLABLA!

J'avoue que je suis HYPER écoeurée là de ''your spam space''!

And to chime in again - I think Microsound-announce
is a bad idea.
We're all fairly experienced computer users - surely
we have good
mail sorting/filtering in place? Again, liberal use
of the delete
key is fine..

No. I disagree -- it's a good idea!! Some people get the digest (myself is one) and there is no possibility of filtering in the way you describe. I am on about 7 or 8 lists not to mention cc stuff, etc. etc. Don't have the time to go thru each and every email if it were NOT a digest form - -which I can get to in one shot (its one email) on a more or less daily basis. Also, I think you are mistaken. This list,imho, is not about community per se in the general, wide-ranging sense of the word. It is about discussion and development of ideas about microsound and things closely related to discussion of ideas (rather then technical matters sooo much). A sense of community develops OUT of this discussion from the quality of the thoughts, insights, interchange, humour, etc. etc. (To my mind that kind of 'process' is the heart of real "community" as it were)

Everyone may feel free to put myspace advertising
into his/her
signature, but sending a mail containing nothing else
but: "And my
myspace stuff is here:
myspace.com/sillynamethatwasnttaken" is
unacceptable IMO. It's not contributing to any
discussion,

Yes.

-A