Re: [microsound] livecoding

Ill try to clarify my comments:

_On one hand, I was talking about synchresis. Seeing what we hear, hearing
what we see. In a primitive way, without any language decoding process. I
think the best way to translate this communication phenomena to electronic
music is making tools where visuals and sounds are the exact same thing
event-wise.

_On the other hand, I introduced the concept of interactivity. Make those
tools available for anyone and the kid next door to use. The artwork
considered as a package that includes the tool itself, and the live
performance (what its creator can do with it). Making an intuitive tool
has nothing to do with "dumbing music down". The grandeur of a dexterous
performer is based on the fact that the tool he uses is indeed simple to
understand. "How can he make such great music with that simple artifact, I
could never do it!"

Please consider that Im not turning down live coders per se, I really dig
what they do. I just want to point out that its a fantasy to believe that
live coding solves the problem of general audiences relating to on-stage
electronic music. Lets not promote barriers between people and us computer
music aliens.