Re: [microsound] correspondence between hand-made electronics and Pd/Max/MSP (was Socio/political implications of microsound music?)

I guess studying how they did things at the german tank also the one in Canada "Silophone"
www.silophone.net could be useful. You can try to get in contact with the responsible people out there.

I It should be possible to setup something like that with
-internet connection (fairly stable and fast)
-two computer with soundcards
-an amplifyer with one or two loudspeakers connected to one of the computers
-a microphone connected to the other computer (mono or stereo) (this computer shall be standing some distance away from the playing computer.
-some programming and web design
-a web camera connected to one of the computers

These things could probably be done easily with existing software like Skype to keep it really simple. Two computers are not needed either if it is allowed to have not syncronised playing/recording. For instance the sound can be played somewhere in the location on portable CD-player. But I guess this project includes the automation part.

I have no idea if this has been done before. Interesting project indeed.

Yours,
Björn Eriksson

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Jarboe" <billjarboe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>