[microsound] microsound/electroacoustic/techno goings-on in asia

hey

i'm off on my OE next year, and i'm intending on taking my laptop and mic
and writing music in all of the places i end up in - which at the moment
will be places that lie in a largely circuitous overland route between
indonesia and germany, including indonesia, malaysia, vietnam, china,
tibet, mongolia, turkey, bulgaria, romania, serbia, croatia, slovenia;
possibly india and through iran, or possibly parts of russia and
kazakhstan/ uzbekistan/ turkmenistan. no final dates or decisions yet..

now, it would be awesome to be able to hook up with the local
ea/microsound/electronica/techno scene everywhere i go - assuming there is
an ea/microsound/electronica/techno scene there of course. so, does anyone
have any advice on how/where to make contact with these types of people
before i get there? i'll be backpacking so it would be unspeakably amazing
to be able to couchsurf as well...

cheers
damian
--