Re: [microsound] Re: electro-acoustic blues

dear a,

this post perhaps in the one that closest come to
concerns i saw in bruce's recent
release (or tetuzi's not so recent release)

blues, as a turn
away from and into identity--notch in the gun: an
lp--hopelessly scratched, skipping

what does recorded medium have to do with
refabrication--myth: another life (other side of the
prison gates)

is anyone listening to this song?

tools

the unheard song is the sweetest

jg

--- tasty radish <tastyradish@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >>a call to common sense in a world that is
> increasingly becoming more
> >>and more complicated and out of balance.
>
> the blues aren't common sensical -- there is weird
> sexuality and awkward love and big worry in them,
> all the time.
>
> in fact, no escape.  maybe that is the key. no
> humanism to the rescue. just pathos, time, rhythm,
> body and soul.
> sometimes joy -- chicago blues particularly in
> relation to movement (the one area which was truly a
> freedom
> for black people post-slavery was the ability to get
> on a train and go)...
>
> so a kind of specific
> expressivity is opened in the horizon of the
> sound...
>
> which revolved around a pretty consistent structure
> of sound... always recognizable. a form that was
> like a horizon that the
> blues player, blues man could work off/work within
>
> and formally was *not* especially tied to the Great
> path of Progress in the way that the
> history of jazz was/is or modern music, etc.
> etc.(i.e. it would be unusual to speak of
> cutting edge or avant garde blues).
>
> this *non-belief* or indifference to the supposed
> nearly Categorical Imperative of (formal, at least!)
> Progress (the big ModernProgress story we have been
> socialized to believe in grade school, etc. ->
> social darwnism, social evolution, technology, etc.
> etc.)
> is to some extent a precursor to the kind of
> glitch/dis-joints that frequent aesthetics of
> failure...
>
> but no matter...(or.. ghosts in the
> machine...perhaps blues is one of the ghosts in
> microsounds machine?)
> anyhow...
> -a

> How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger?s low
>  PC-to-Phone call rates.

j.ff gbk

http://www.futurevessel.com/orphansound/

http://www.mattin.org/desetxea.html